All rules are subject to change or be modified based on the discretion of pool board and lifeguards.
All members and guests are required to sign in with the gate guard upon entering the pool area.
Keep conversation with the lifeguards to a minimum, and please respect their requests. The lifeguards have the authority to enforce pool rules, including sending individuals out of the pool area if the rules are being disregarded. The lifeguards may restrict use of the pool in crowded conditions, or alter the rules to ensure safety. Everyone must leave the pool in the event of an emergency or adverse weather conditions. Lifeguards have the authority to clear the pool area when necessary.
• Glass bottles of any type will not be allowed in the pool area.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the pool area.
• Only personal flotation devices approved by the lifeguards may be used in the pool. No masks, snorkels, other toys, etc…
(unless approved by lifeguard) are allowed in the main pools.
• No swimming will be allowed in other than regular swim attire which is suitable at a community pool. The lifeguards may
require any person improperly dressed to leave the pool area.
• Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized.
• No running, pushing, dunking, boisterous rough play, chicken fights, etc… will be permitted.
• All accidents are to be reported immediately to a lifeguard on duty
• All persons are expected to throw away their trash in the appropriate receptacles.
• Anyone playing in the sand/volleyball court must wash off in the shower before getting in the pool.
• Diving in shallow water is extremely dangerous. Please jump feet first into the shallow end of the pool. NO DIVING
areas are marked on the pool deck. For your safety, no flips, back dives, twists, etc… from the edge of the pool.
• Abusive or profane language will not be permitted.
DIVING BOARD RULES:
• Only 1 (one) person will be allowed on the board at any one time, max weight 250 lbs.
• All jumps and dives are to be executed from a standing position.
• No excess springing on the board is allowed.
• Each diver must observe that the person in front of them has swum to the side or has cleared the area
before beginning their dive.
• No diving from the sides of the board. Divers must go straight off the end of the board.
• No hanging from the underside of the board.
• No goggles, toys or flotation devices, etc… are permitted on the boards.
• Swimming is not allowed in the dive well unless the diving board is closed by a lifeguard.
• All swimmers going off the diving board must pass a swim test that will be given by a lifeguard on duty.
ADMISSION MAY BE DENIED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
• Evidence of any communicable skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharges, open wounds, etc..
• Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms illness.
• Any condition or evidence, which, in the opinion of the gate guard or lifeguard on duty, will jeopardize the health and safety of
the general public.
• The lifeguard or gate guard has the authority to request anyone to take a shower before entering the pool.
RULES FOR CHILDREN/PARENTS:
• All children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers.
• Children in the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult or other responsible person at all times.
• Children under 10 years of age, or those not a qualified swimmer, must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person.
Qualification is determined by lifeguards.
• No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the lap pool at any time, except for swim team practice or lessons by a Surreywood
• Parents of children are charged with the responsibility of acquainting their children with the rules, regulations and etiquette